Classic Guacamole Recipe
Guacamole is a popular sauce, whose homeland is Mexico. The word “guacamole” is considered to be derived from two Aztec words: “ahuacatl”, which literally means “avocado” and “molli”, has the meaning “sauce”. Due to the origin of these words, some claimed that guacamole appeared even at the Aztecs, but this is a popular misconception. In fact, the sauce appeared only at the beginning of the 20th century, then the name was fixed in modern languages.
The main minimum of ingredients that will be required to prepare guacamole is, of course, avocado, chili pepper, lemon or lime juice, but often coriander, tomatoes and garlic are also added to it.
Guacamole is traditionally served with corn flour chips, but instead of corn chips, you can cut thin Armenian pita bread, grease it with olive oil and bake in the oven. In fact, guacamole is delicious to eat even with ordinary bread, as well as dip vegetables in it.
The main component of the sauce is avocado. Avocado is a fruit with a lot of vitamins and minerals.
How to choose an avocado:
The color and softness of an avocado are directly dependent on its ripeness. If the avocado is green and hard, then it has not yet ripened, but when it becomes softer and takes on a dark green or brown hue, the fruit has ripened. Inside, the ripened avocado should not be hard, it should be a puree mass, but this mass should not be dark – this means that the fruit is overripe.
How to store avocados:
If you put an avocado in the refrigerator, it will mean death for him. Unripe fruit in the refrigerator will never ripen, so use refrigerators only if you want to keep the fruit already ripened.
How to peel an avocado:
- To clean the avocado, you need to make an incision in the middle, and then remove the bone. A ripe avocado will be easy to get.
- Then you can gently, using a spoon, remove the flesh from the skin, and then cut it for salads or chop.
- You can also make a few cuts on the avocado half from top to bottom along with the pulp, without touching the skin, and then gently pick up the slices with a knife, and you will get a fruit already cut into slices.
- Another option for peeling an avocado is to peel it like potatoes. However, the skin of the avocado is quite hard, and the fruit itself is soft when ripe, and cleaning it in this way is likely to mash the fruit.
- avocado – 2 pcs.
- tomato – 1 pc.
- lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
- onions – 0.5 pc.
- chopped cilantro – 1 tbsp.
- hot red pepper – 1 pc.
- salt – 0.5 tsp.
Step-by-step cooking recipe
Cut the avocado in half, turn the halves in different directions and separate them from each other. Remove bones. Remove the pulp and knead with a fork. Pour in lemon juice.
Pepper pods cut lengthwise, free from seeds. Rinse, dry and chop finely. Peel and finely chop the onion.
Stir the flesh of the avocado with pepper, onion, and cilantro. Season with salt. Wash and chop the tomato. Add in guacamole, mix. If the sauce is prepared in advance, cover it with cling film and refrigerate.